Sunday, January 4, 2009

And Finally... 2009

Hello and welcome to a new beginning, a fresh start, hauling out the old, bringing in the new. What a joyous feeling it is, to just be happy. Plain and simple. Wake up in the morning, pray, smile. A new adventure everyday, who would've thought that i would ever manage to see this side of the light too?

I have been told, that i overdramatize a lot of events in my life, which makes them sound a lot worse than they actually are, perhaps this is true. But isn't that human? When you yourself are your biggest concern, isn't it but natural to feel the gravity of the situation you're in, much more than others might? Taking off from the thought of you being the centre of your own universe is a great help in other ways, such as when you set forth to do something with your mind made up. Am i making sense? Perhaps not. Let's just say, i walked into 2009, believing with all my might that this year i would be happy. "Ask and you shall receive", let's see if this biblical statement holds true for me.

Happiness itself is quite a relative thing isn't it? My mother thinks im happiest when im with friends, her way of chiding me for not spending enough time with her. Some of my friends, on the other hand, think i spend too much time with family! What i enjoy the most is finding the balance, not just between family time and time with friends, but also between time with the outside world, and with myself.

There was a time when my entire existence was geared towards one single person, and i thought that was happiness. When that phase ended, i tried shifting the same attention on another person, this time it didn't work. Then started the period when my way of attaining happiness was giving attention to several parts of my life, i began to actually see the world with eyes wide open, and realized that even though it looked scary, it really wasn't. I am now, i think, ready to transcend this phase as well. Happiness is relative, and i finally want to make it my own. Something that is mine, to have and keep, not to be elicited by someone else, or the lack thereof. I make myself happy, and i realize its only upto me to make myself happy.

A very Happy new year to all :)

2 comments:

anne said...

khush raho beti!!! (in a very old grandma voice) hehehe

TheDragon said...

Congratulations! That is quite an epiphany.